The menopause is the time when a woman stops having periods, and she’s no longer able to get pregnant. It’s common to have symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats and mood changes.
It’s a natural stage of life and the average age for women to reach the menopause in the UK is 51, but this can vary widely.
Our menopause health screen, performed by one of our GPs, covers many aspects of your health and will confirm whether you are perimenopausal, menopausal or postmenopausal.
Your appointment will be unrushed and in depth to give you that all-important peace of mind.
What is included?
- Comprehensive consultation with our GP
- Personal medical report
- Full medical history
- Lifestyle assessment
- Physical examination
- Height, weight, urine & BMI check
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Advice on self breast exam
- Mood assessment
- Bone density risk assessment
- Advice on cervical smear screening
- Advice on breast screening
- Advice and prescribing of HRT
- Diabetes/anaemia risk
- CVD risk
- Thyroid/liver/cholesterol risk
Our detailed blood analysis includes:
- FBC, ESR, full biochemistry profile/cholesterol check – HDL/LDL/thyroid profile/HBa1C diabetes check, testosterone levels, hormone levels, oestradiol, progesterone levels, calcium and vitamin D.
A female menopause health screen costs £490.